As part of the Central Coast Council, Wyong Council has now bought it’s tree policy into alignment with that of Gosford Council.
Previously most* trees were exempt for removal for residential properties in the Wyong Council area. This has now changed.
Highlights: All trees will now require approval for tree removal in Wyong.
Exempt Tree Works:
The following activities can, in most cases, be carried out without seeking formal Council approval;
- Trees within three (3) metres of an approved building (measured one (1) metre above ground level and between the face of the wall and the part of the trunk nearest the building), providing the tree species is not a threatened species or listed on Council’s Significant Tree Register or Heritage Item.
- Tree species listed in Appendix 1: Undesirable Species & Appendix 2: Noxious Plants; in Chapter 3.6 of the Wyong DCP 2013
- Branches directly overhanging the roofline of an approved building (in accordance with Australian Standard AS4373-2007);
- Branches within 1m around electricity and/or telecommunication wires
- Trees identified in the Rural Fire Service 10/50 Vegetation Clearing Scheme
- Specified vegetation may only be cleared in accordance with the 10/50 rules as set out in the Code of Practice.
- Removal of dead and or dangerous trees due to obvious instability or hazard. Evidence must be kept for a minimum of six (6) months and made available to Council if required. Evidence such as photos of the tree in situ and report by a suitably qualified and experience person, or statement from State Emergency Services (if the service carried out the works).
Follow this link for Wyong Councils website and further information.
How much does a Tree Work Application Cost?
Tree Works Application cost for one to five trees is $103.00 (GST Inclusive) and for six or more trees $103.00 base rate per application plus $33.00 per tree more than five trees (GST Inclusive).
How do I apply for a tree care maintenance?
You can follow this link to Wyong Councils website
or download the form here: