Here are 7 tips to prepare your Trees and Gardens on the Central Coast for Winter and keep them healthy and safe during the cold season.
1. Aerate your soil, especially lawns and feed/fertilise them. Autumn has been a very mild this year, so it is not too late to do this.
2. Cut back any perenial plants, the clippings of these can be composted.
3. Prune back dead or diseased tree/shrub branches. These should be keep separate and discarded in the green bin so as not to contaminate your compost.
4. Remove dead trees/plants and clear out leaf litter to remove food source for pests and fungi.
5. Mulch your garden to protect tree roots from frosts and the cold.
6. Now is a great time to move / transplant trees whilst in their dormant state.
7. Prune back heavy lateral limbs off large trees as pre-emptive maintenance for the windy season of August.
If you need any help from a tree service on the Central Coast or garden maintenance in the Central Coast region, please give us a call.